Hope that in 2022 when the New Year comes Zero's OTG can support to USB3.0

I am very happy with this device, it makes a difference. I am planning to use Zero as a security gateway, but this needs to change Zero can work as a device, although Zero has TypeC OTG, but can only support to USB2.0, the ship speed rate is too low to meet the needs, I hope OTG can support to usb3.0, so it will be really perfect.:sparkling_heart:

Well this is an hardware limitation. From S905Y2 Quick Reference Manual p.4:

The processor has rich advanced network and peripheral interfaces, including, dual USB 2.0 high-speed ports (one OTG and one
HOST), one USB3.0 and PCIE 2.0 combo interface
and multiple SDIO/SD card controllers, UART, I2C, high-speed SPI and PWMs.

However, for most of your daily electronics with multiple USB 3.0 ports, they are most likely connected with an internal hub anyway, which means their ports will share the 5Gbps bandwidth, just like Radxa Zero. So just plugging in a USB hub and get going!

Thank you for your answer. I would like to turn the zero into a gateway device for my host via OTG, acting as a NIC and a dedicated data communication interface. the Host port cannot do this. Because of the high data communication needs, the 54Mbps bandwidth of USB2.0 is really not enough, it would be perfect if there is a new version that supports OTG on USB3.0 port.

USB2.0 supports 480Mbps though. In real life you probably can get ~300Mbps as seen in Raspberry Pi 3B+. You might want to do some testing on your own to find out how much bandwidth you can get from Zero.

Thank you for your suggestion. I was only able to get a max of 100Mbps after testing, which is very unfortunate.