[Guide] Best Options for a Single Board Computer šŸŽ®

Yes, youā€™re right, my fault. Now itā€™s better: glmark2 Score: 4293
So, whatā€™s about sound? Options in Control Center of Gnome has different output devices than my other Armbian image. In this case ā€œHDMI0 Audio, HDMI1 Audio and Headphones E3616 Audioā€. No sound via Headphones E3616 Audio.

Andreas

1 Like

Pulseaudio end select the browser output correctly I think?
Also keep in mind that the echo for performance will last till a shutdown which means you will have to trigger it each time or manually write an instruction for it ā€˜I believeā€™.

Iā€™ve compared installed pulseaudio prgramms on both systems = equal .
Not neither browser or console.
Andreas

Thing is I use BT for Audioā€¦ I use a JBL 5 speaker for itā€¦ and it works on my sideā€¦ so Idk how you are having it is it via jack port? it should work out of the box.

1 Like

Yes, Bluetooth is working fine (after modifying /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf). What I want to have is hear Music and Video via the jack port for my speaker on the desks.
This didnā€™t work with this image but the ā€œnormalā€ Armbian image.
Andreas

I dont know if this helps you but try.

Didnā€™t work. I donā€™t have speaker in my Monitor. Just standalone speaker at the desk.
but what I recognize: if select ā€œHeadphone - ES8316 Audioā€ while playing webradio the progress bar below is working, but no sound. It seems for me the must be anywhere a controller is muted.
Andreas

Well apparently theres something wierdā€¦

:roll_eyes:
Bad news
Andreas

here:

U gotta be a ninja tooā€¦ :rofl::rofl:

Edit: Join discord it might be easier to reach him.

Okay, Iā€™ve tried this: still no sound on speaker , just progress bar is working. The naming of output device was changed.
Doesnā€™t have discord.
Andreas

1 Like

I can just confirm that via bluetooth it all works just fine.
Audio via jack I dont own any device to try. Apologies @linuxfriend :frowning: you have to keep trying. Or try the previous monkas version (the one that includes steam) that might be working if the mistake is due to some update misplacedā€¦ Test it

Can you see if this helps you?
https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-pipewire-on-ubuntu-linux
I think these options might help your jack issue

Hi @DarkevilPT , how redoid performance when it run with Armbian , is it ok for 3D games like clash of clan or call of duty mobile ?

Runs perfect just try it.

Thanks for these tipps. Iā€™ve changed to pipewire, but with same result. No sound at jack port. BT is working well.
Doesnā€™t matter: itā€™s only my testing board. I can wait for another solution.
My productive board is working with jack port.
Thanks for your help and support.
Andreas

1 Like

I just tried this, it didnt work, so follow the instructions to revert it, and somehow ended up with no desktop environment and now have to start again, ffs. The USB-C port on this thing getting worn out.

I usually avoid from taking it directly from the board but instead from the monitor to keep that port safe but ā€¦ dam

1 Like

Guide to install Steam step by step on Armbian Rock 5B

1 Like

Partial solution:
Run on terminal: MOZ_DISABLE_RDD_SANDBOX=1 firefox-esr
Youtube video playback work in magenta color.

2 Likes