GPIO and connector pinouts

Hi there,

Is there a document with all of the pinouts listed for the Rock 5 ?

Super keen to get my hands on the rock 5. We do a lot of signal processing and the rk3399 chip is strong but limited in power - looking forward to using the rk3588 chip.

We do a lot of non TDM audio signalling and need all of the I2S pins broken out, even if they are spread around the different headers and mixed to other functions. For example, we need I2S0_0 … I2S0_3 broken out. In the past, the only board which could do this was the Rock S, however the rk3308 chip is not very powerful.

Is there anywhere to see what the pinouts of the Rock 5 are and whether we can use this board for our audio applications ?

thanks
Matt

1 Like

Any indication of when the schematic will be available ? I would like to see pinouts.

1 Like

Bumping this question. I would like to see what pins the I2S buses are on all of the headers.
Any change of outputting the pin mappings ? Even if you don’t relrease the schematic, I am keen to know what rk3588 pins are on what headers.

thanks guys

Also very interested to know if there’s SPDIF in GPIO.
Can we have the GPIO pinout schema?

1 Like

Rock5 Model B – ALLNET China

1 Like

Great! There’s 1x I2S and 1x SPDIF.

I am still keen to know which I2S pins are broken out.
From the rk3588 datasheet :
I2S0_SDO1/I2C7_SCL_M0 are on pin F26
I2S0_SDO2/I2S0_SDI3 are on pin F27
I2S0_SDO3/I2S0_SDI2 are on pin F28

Are these multichannel I2S lines broken out as well ?

thanks
Matt

Similarly I2S1 seems to be broken out on this chip as well.

Here’s the pinout
https://wiki.radxa.com/Rock5/hardware/5b/gpio

Not sure why there is always preference for PDM as when it comes to modules and chips I2S has far more range or at least the ones I seem to be able to purchase.