Gadget Mode Seems Unreliable

Im using my rock4 as a usb gadget. Im getting mixed results. Firstly I have had to use armbian as I cant get mass storage working correctly on any other OS. Secondly it seems that I keep having to boot up with the switch set to Host mode and then issue my modprobe command wait for an error and then change the switch to device mode for it to connect.

Any advice please. What is the best os for gadget mode.

I also notice if I disconnect or reboot my laptop it drops to USB 2.0 mode and does not re-negotiate super speed

Thanks
Squeeky

You got things working and you are not satisfied? Amazing. Well, you can try to use other OS - it seems you already tried, but you will need to fix them first and build a support team to maintain it … to match Armbian support level. It will cost you a lot.

There is no such luxury as distro hopping in ARM world. Perhaps some day, but not today.

I’m not complaining just asking for advice. Which OS have people used to have success with OTG mode ?

My only issue now is that if I leave the device connected and reboot speed drops to High-Speed config instead of Super-Speed.

This can be fixed by removing the module with modprobe and adding it back again.

I will try with the official Debian later and see if this issue persists. I have read online that this normally indicates an issue with the SS negotiation of the cable, but mine is brand new and purchased at the same time as my rockpi.