FreeBSD 13-CURRENT on Rock Pi E

Hello to all.

I have successfully built a FreeBSD boot image for ROCK Pi E.
But so far I do not have the equipment. :slight_smile:

Can someone test it?
FreeBSD-aarch64-13.0-CURRENT-Rock-Pi-E-20200717.img.xz

I will be grateful to you.

3 Likes

I will test it in some time.

Thanks… Any luck with second lan?

Post the sources?

Sources published on GitHub

https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd.git :grinning:

1 Like

@SleepWalker, Sorry, I meant the souces for building bootable FreeBSD for the RockPiE.

FreeBSD’s crochet tool doesn’t have support for RockPiE. The repository hasn’t had any commits for months.

Edit: got your GitHub, can’t find commit for rockpie

Have you tried downloading my latest image.
Does HDMI work?
I’ll post it on github when I’m sure it works!
I don’t have Rock-Pi E in stock yet.
Therefore, I am asking you to test my boot image.

1 Like

The image works but second lan is still not supported and I cannot test hdmi as my adaptor just fit it the connector coz of lan port coming in its way.

Thanks for the work @SleepWalker, btw gonzo just recieved his device so I assume he might put some time for second lan during this weekend…
What do you say?

Update:
Freebsd have support for both the lan card since the latest test image built yesterday by @SleepWalker

Latest Link here.
FreeBSD-aarch64-13.0-CURRENT-Rock-Pi-E-20200721.img.xz

All the work done by @SleepWalker and gonzo from freebsd community.

1 Like

Hi Friends,
Dear @SleepWalker thanks for your amazing work on FreeBSD. and thanks for sharing your source codes.
I created a new image based on your source code on FreeBSD 12.2 but unfortunately the second network port does not work. Can you help me solve this problem?
I tested your Image file for OPNSense and everything was OK but I do not know where my problem is! Thanks for guiding me(My board Rockpi-E)
Thanks

1 Like

Hi @kasra_kazempour!
The problem is that gonzo@freebsd.org doesn’t want to
backPort the modified dwc driver to 12.2-STABLE.
And this really makes no sense, since 13.0-RELEASE should be released in mid-March.
Already today 13.0-ALFA1 :slight_smile:
Why can’t you use 13.0?

Hi @SleepWalker,
because i cant find FreeBSD-src Base source for 13, i want to create custom os for our products on rock-pi-e but we have no success on second ethernet :frowning: !
how can i find freebsd-src BASE files for 13?
Nice to meet you

i want to create jail f0r FreeBSD 13 ! and packages on 13 and i need Freebsd-SRC 13 Base!

I recommend using my FreeBSD 13.0-CURRENT image for Rock-
Pi-E from my site https://personalbsd.org

Login via ssh
User admin
Pass admin
su -
pkg update
pkg install git-lite
git clone https://git.freebsd.org/src.git /usr/src

thanx,
i will test it today, and inform you

Dear @SleepWalker,
i tested this source files on FreeBSD 13 to cross compiling new image for our product , i successfully create the image but same as 12 image my device second ethernet dwc1 led’s off and not functional but os detect it! i guess my kernel config file has a problem ! somthing wrong in my config! am i right?
but i tested your image and both ethernets work perfectly! i couldn’t find the problem :frowning:
idont have rockpi e dtb file in boot! is this the problem? or problem in my uboot?

Dear @SleepWalker may i have rockpi-e dtb file source? i couldn’t find on site

https://personalbsd.org/images/rk3328-rock-pi-e.dts

thanx man , it is vey helpful
i changed your ports files to 2021.01 but in apply patching give error! but on 2020.07 patch applied successfully ! i missed something?

Dear @SleepWalker ,
thanx for your helps , after lots of work i added dwc drivers to 12.2 and compile it , and both ethernets work perfectly on BSD 12.2! :slight_smile:
if you need this files and guidances tell me and i upload it ,and you can release new images for rockpi-e and other boards on BSD 12.2!
Best Regards,

Everything will certainly come together,
I checked it, you just need to make changes carefully and understand their meaning.
U-boot for Rock-Pi-E is based on the master port.
So that you can always return from the old version of u-boot,
I create local copies of the master port for example like this

cp -r /usr/ports/sysutils/u-boot-master u-boot-2020.10

After that, in the Makefile for Rock-Pi-E, you need to specify which master port will be used.

MASTERDIR = ${.CURDIR}/../u-boot-2020.10

And everything will work