Enabling SecureBoot?

Hey there,

just playing around with the x4, seems like according to docs windows 11 is supported, which means that secureboot would be enabled by default, as its a hard requirement IIRC. But booting ubuntu on teh board I cann see that secureboot is disabled, and cant find anything in the bios to enable it.

Is secureboot supported? Do I need to upgrade the bios or something to get that option (and cert management as well) ?

Cheers!

Hi Itxaka, X4 support secure boot, this item is hidden by BIOS, default is disable.
You can install win11 normally without problem, and you can check tpm info by run tpm.msc

1 Like

Thanks Ryann, is there any way of manually enabling it and the keys management as well? Maybe on a beta bios or something? We are evaluating the X4 with Kairos (kairos.io) and trying to run our UKI flavor which requires secure boot enablement and some key management.

Thanks!

We have a beta bios can enable it, please leave your email.
Please do not disclose and take your own risks.

That would be incredible!

itxaka@kairos.io

Thanks for the help Ryann!

Hi, did you receive my email and files? it said blocked by your eMail Service Provider.

Ah no, it may be because its an alias to forward to my address.

you can try with itxaka.garcia@spectrocloud.com or itxakaserrano@gmail.com

sorry about that!

ok, let me remove that comment, it just needed a full power cycle of removing the power cable and letting it rest!

Sorry about that!