eMMC will not boot

Thank you, it works.

Much appreciated.

Yes, you nailed it. After switching to the:
rockpi4_debian_stretch_lxde_armhf_20181105_2120-gpt.img
eMMC booted fine.

I notified @O635789 of the issue and (s)he is kindly working on a solution.

Thanks to your assistance, my problem has been solved.
Have a great day!

Sorry to drudge up an older thread, but I’m having similar issues not being able to boot from emmc. I can boot from sd-card just fine and flash both debian and ubuntu image to the emmc. I can see the partitions(*) and data and all on my host computer but it won’t boot on the rock pi.
When having both emmc and sd connected to the rock pi and booting from sd I can also not see any additional mmc* in /dev except the sd-card itself.
Any idea what the issue might be? As a sidenote, is it normal that the emmc chip is only “loosely” connectable to the board? It always feels like it would fall of with a good shake…

* Related perhaps: When opening the emmc device in gparted it tells me Not all of the space available to /dev/mmcblk0 appears to be used, you can fix the GPT to use all of the space (an extra 115589120 blocks) or continue with the current setting? Is that part of the issue? Neither fixing or ignoring this message through gparted resolved anything though.

edit: Nevermind, I’m an idiot. Apparently it was not properly connected. I just had to actually really press the emmc card into the connector for it to ‘click’. This really isn’t for the heavy handed. :slight_smile:

1 Like