Display > Glitch & Distortion in 3840x2160 Resolution

Hello,
I noticed that every time i connect the zero to my external monitor [4K] It automatically starts in resolution of 3840x2160. Which is great !! but if i keep the resolution in that settings screen starts to glitch and gets distorted, and makes it unusable after a point.
This happens only when i move my mouse or try to open windows or other stuff.
If i dont touch anything, it doesnt glitch at all…but any small movements it starts to glitch…[can be seen in attached video]

Example Video Capture

But when i decrease the settings equal or less then 2560x1440 all works great.
I am wondering if there is a way to fix this issue ?

I would like to point out couple of things that i’ve done to see if same glitching occurs:

• I used different HDMI cables to test the problem, and all resulted the same way.

• I did use connecting the cable directly without any adapters [micro HDMI to HDMI…etc]

• I did install and tried it in Manjaro, Debian, Ubuntu and Dietpi. All were same result.

The true 4K without scaling is a little heavy for the gpu. I am afraid you will have to wait for zero2 for true 4K resolution.

1 Like

You can also try messing with refresh rate and see if that helps. I roughly remember 4K30p was stable and 60p will give you issues.

I’ll try this for sure. i think i was always in 60…