Create new partition

Hi everyone,

I’m looking to create a new partition in my Debian KDE OS. I’m aiming to use SWUpdate for OTA updates. However, I’m encountering some difficulties figuring out how to create the new partition. My plan is to duplicate the mmcblk1p3 partition, but it’s currently occupying 28GB, which is all the free space on the eMMC.

After some investigation, I suspect that rsetup may be resizing this partition during the initial boot. I’ve tried mounting the image locally and making changes in the before.txt file to test this hypothesis, but unfortunately, mmcblk1p3 still occupies the same amount of space.

Could someone lend a hand with this issue? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I’ve done some further investigation into the issue.

I commented out the code referring to the resize_root function in lib/rsetup/cli/system.sh . I also modified the rsetup source to point to the repo with modified version, but the partition resize still occurs.

Looking deeper into the issue, I suspect that the resizing during the first boot might be handled by cloud-initramfs-growroot . To prevent this, I added the module to etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf to prevent it from being loaded during boot. Additionally, I set the size of the / partition in /etc/fstab , but it’s still resizing to 28GB.