Cp: cannot stat '/usr/lib/linux-image-5.10.63-rockchip64': No such file or directory

Hi everyone,

I’m looking forward to install the libmraa in my Rock Pi E but is shows this message when I’m trying to install anything. Below is the output that I’m receiving when I run this command sudo apt upgrade:

Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Calculating upgrade… Done
The following packages will be upgraded:
linux-image-current-rockchip64
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
14 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0 B/41.2 MB of archives.
After this operation, 6,807 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
(Reading database … 67901 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack …/linux-image-current-rockchip64_21.08.2_arm64.deb …
Unpacking linux-image-current-rockchip64 (21.08.2) over (21.05.4) …
Kernel configuration : earlyprintk console=ttyFIQ0,1500000n8 rw init=/sbin/init rootfstype=ext4 rootwait root=PARTUUID=B921B045-1DF0-41C3-AF44-4C6F280D3FAE
Creating new extlinux.conf…
cp: cannot stat ‘/usr/lib/linux-image-5.10.63-rockchip64’: No such file or directory
run-parts: /etc/kernel/postrm.d/zz-update-extlinux exited with return code 1
dpkg: warning: old linux-image-current-rockchip64 package post-removal script subprocess returned error exit status 1
dpkg: trying script from the new package instead …
Kernel configuration : earlyprintk console=ttyFIQ0,1500000n8 rw init=/sbin/init rootfstype=ext4 rootwait root=PARTUUID=B921B045-1DF0-41C3-AF44-4C6F280D3FAE

cp: cannot stat ‘/usr/lib/linux-image-5.10.63-rockchip64’: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/linux-image-current-rockchip64_21.08.2_arm64.deb (–unpack):
new linux-image-current-rockchip64 package post-removal script subprocess returned error exit status 1

cp: cannot stat ‘/usr/lib/linux-image-5.10.43-rockchip64’: No such file or directory
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
new linux-image-current-rockchip64 package post-removal script subprocess returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/linux-image-current-rockchip64_21.08.2_arm64.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Hello!Can I know which image you are using?

Hi,

I was using Armbian, changed the OS to Debian and everything worked well!

This doesn’t look like Armbian, otherwise I would already check. More like some fake version, since extlinux.conf is having troubles, while Armbian does not use it. At least not with this hardware.

In case you have troubles, Armbian still sponsors Radxa clients support for this board. Use it untils it exists. If something is wrong, you have to proceed this way: https://www.armbian.com/bugs

First you have to prove you are using official builds, not some crap from the internet …

Did you check which obsolete kernel, which is not going to get update ever, is coming with “everything working well Debian” ? If you don’t care about updates, new features and security … so be it. Why not :slight_smile:

Not sure which Armbian version was using or the source of it. A co-worker was experimenting on the board before I started using it and I was given everything as is. To be honest don’t know if it was a bug of Armbian or what but when I tried a fresh Debian image I didn’t saw the same problem. And yes I usually do updates of everything before start working on something.

That is most critical thing.

There are official and unofficial Armbian images around - anyone can make its own Armbian build from development branch, but those images can be unstable.

https://docs.armbian.com/#what-is-armbian

Check your kernel versions / updates …