Connect Arducam HQ Camera to ROCK5B

You are probably using original lenses which have blue tint on the filter and I swapped those lenses with m12 lenses which have orange tint, that explains colour issues. Sorry that I did not mention that earlier, I’ll take a look if I still have original lens for test.

1 Like

@cnoah unfortunately I left all my CS mounts and original lens on the other side of frontline, so I can’t make another iqfile for you right now. But it’s not so hard, you just need macbeth calibration target and couple LED lamps to start with.

1 Like

Any further news about Arducam supporting the Rock Pi?

Drivers/tuning are ready for imx462 B0333 and imx708 but adapters are not ready to be sold, when they’ll offer those I’ll push the drivers/tuning into the official radxa kernel.

1 Like

Hi there Raphael. Are there any plans for the adapter being sold this year? I came across this thread and all the hard work you and everyone else here has put in I’m eager to try it out. Thank you!

Hi, sorry for the late reply, currently it’s really buisy, I’ll talk to them as soon as possible, I may also just bild the adapter that @kwankiu posted and test it, sadly I’m also quite overworked, so it all is taking a lot more time than it should.
I’m also trying to get Rockchip to finally reply to my mails to finally give us documentation, since up until now we had to work without official documentation/sdk’s

2 Likes

I haven’t been looking at this post for a while as I have been working on other stuff, but I remember that somebody said that we might need some active components for the adapter to work, I am not sure about that but you may want to take a look :

1 Like

No worries appreciate the response! My use case might be different from most here I’m looking at using it for an electronics microscope. This combination with a nice optical lens will make nicer than most high-end microscopes out there especially with all the post-processing available.

If you do get some connectors made I’d be happy to contribute but the comment from @kwankiu may come into play. Thanks.

2 Likes

What a great idea!

1 Like

I might be able to get hold of a cm5 and when I’ll make it work in a cm4 carrier, I should be able to release drivers and everything needed for that, so … that’s one thing I can do, then it should make it more interesting to build an adapter

That sounds great anything will help at this point. I can try to make an adapter I’ll get a R5B and an Arducam 477P to see about the voltage requirements are an issue at least.

Hopefully we can spark interest and get this working there are more than a few applications out there for this.

@Monstrofil amazing work! I’ve got radxa rock5b board and want to try dig deeper into camera tunning, at least at basic level to get more natural image, could you possibly share onr more time archive with tools like RK isp tuner? I’ve got hard time looking for proper version of this tool and documentation for the board. Thanks!

So … I was able to port the imx708 stuff to the cm5, which arrived yesterday, I do have tuning working and it runs in a cm4 carrier.
Sadly I can’t boot when I connect hdmi, don’t really know why, but …

We do have a picture

1 Like

That is amazing I wonder how @eshelton managed with his adapter for the Orange PI. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Hello everyone, I am trying to make IMX586 work. I have 2 custom cameras compatible with my board.

I am running Buildroot and I have a driver and IQ file

Colors look good. But there is no auto-exposure.

I used rkaiq-camera-engine 1.3.2e from Firefly repo

Any clue? I will post a log tomorrow, I did see some errors regarding “xcamvideobuffer aec stats is null” or something like that, I will check again at the office when I have some time

1 Like

Any updates to the adapter? If I can get a working adapter, I can start testing.

I got an Arducam 16MP AF (this one) and I am interested to get an IMX586 if any available.

If you are sure that rkaiq_3A_server is running, the problem might be somewhere in iqfile. I had the same issue when the exposure stuck at some low point and solved that by taking one of the already existing iq files and recalibrating it instead of building my own from scratch.

You can also try to configure these values:

But I spent half a day trying to fugure out what they mean and just gave up because it works anyway =)

Don’t worry I fixed it, I explained how in another thread already :slight_smile: I just updated camera engine to 5.1 I think, and then I used the IQ file from a similar camera

hello, very interesting conversation!
Thanks to this and the driver kindly provided by @Monstrofil, I have been able to make the pi hq camera work on the radxa zero 3w.
Still some problems to fix, but it’s nice to get some pictures out of it!
@Raphael, you mentioned you would merge the driver for the imx708 at some point. Do you have any estimate on when that would be? I would like to use that sensor as well at some point.
In any case, thanks everyone for the help!

1 Like

Is it just pictures that work or is 4k video working as well? I’m interested in building a microscope for usage in electronics by putting a zoom lens in front of the camera. @Monstrofil were you able to get 4k video working?

Thank you!