CM3 + CM4-IO-BASE-B(Waveshare)

I have a CM3 with 2GB RAM and 16GM eMMC.
Tried to boot it with various images on both the Waveshare C base and the full Raspberry Pi IO base. Nothing happens on either one. Power light comes on, nothing else.

Any guidance? People mention that they’ve got the CM3 to boot on the raspberry Pi IO base - but how?

H

Hello, I do have the Waveshare CM4 dual ETH board, but the soldering the USB_OTG0_ID to GND didnt work for me. Do you know if I messed up, or if it do not work with this board. Or is there something else i do need to do.
Thank you, Vikvoch

Hello,

First time writing here…

Also having problems with the USB on CM3 trying to run in host mode. Tried the hardware fix (pin 101 to gnd), the config.txt fix (add “dtoverlay=dwc2,dr_mode=host”), and the change of “/sys/devices/platform/fe8a0000.usb2-phy/otg_mode” content to “host” (it changed back to “otg” after reboot).
Does anyone know where a change can be made to make the “otg_mode” file contents remain at “host”?

By the way… I do have a CM3 board installed in an RPi CM4 IO carrier and successfully booting from the uSD card. There are two hardware changes that need to be made for this to happen:

1. The “reserved” pin (pin 76) needs to be tied to Ground (I did it through a 10K resistor).
  2. The SD_PWR_ON line (pin 75) is of the opposite polarity as that same line on the RPi CM4 board, so you need to make provisions for getting the power turned on to the uSD card when pin 75 is LOW. I my case, I just changed the circuit so the power to the uSD is always on.

I don’t know if this is the best place for this info, but wanted to share it as I have seen this question (without answer) on several forums. (If there is a better location to post this, please let me know and I will re-post.)

Thanks in advance!

hello guys,
I am facing with SD card issue,
I have loaded the firmware with through RKDevtool,
After loading the firmware i want to access external sd card.

So when I connect with radxa CM3 IO board, its detecting the TF card.

but when I connected to waveshare board.
i am using this board
https://www.waveshare.com/cm4-to-pi4-adapter.htm

and its not able to detect the TF card.
As it seems like we have to enable SDMMC0_PWREN.

any ideas how to enable this, so that i can able to mount my sd card