Can anyone build openwrt for cubie a5e ?

Hi there
can anyone build openwrt officially for my cubie a5e sbc ? it’s a paid job! I’ll pay small amount if it’s possible.I find some unofficial build but kernel is old and not much stable also not provide wifi support..
Thanks

Official OpenWrt just moved to Linux 6.12. However, Cubie A5E’s support is merged after that version. As OpenWrt doesn’t like out-of-tree patch, it will probably next year when it can be officially supported in OpenWrt. Anything else will be unofficial right now.

1 Like

@RadxaYuntian
What do you mean cubie a5e will support openwrt officially when openwrt include kernel version 6.12 and release the stable version then ?

What I said was:

  1. OpenWrt is now on Linux 6.12
  2. Cubie A5E is not supported in Linux 6.12 (it was supported in 6.16)
  3. OpenWrt does not generally accept out-of-tree patch

As such, OpenWrt won’t officially support Cubie A5E for now.

2 Likes

What is the current status of AIC8000 support?

From what I understand, the AIC8000 Wi-Fi chipset is not supported in the mainline Linux kernel yet. If that’s the case, will this affect or potentially postpone the release timeline?

I also saw a mention on the Radxa forum that there had been some progress using the coolsnowwolf LEDE/OpenWrt tree (GitHub - coolsnowwolf/lede: Lean's LEDE source · GitHub). Is that effort still ongoing, or has development stopped?

Any updates on upstreaming or alternative driver support would be appreciated.