Buildroot for the rock 3 a

The rock 3 a doesn’t need rktools. You can safely remove it from the build system. Try to comment out this line in the rock3a_defconfig file :

I’ve pushed an update to the repo . It removes RKTOOLS :

if you are using radxa kernel you don’t need mali-driver,

Maybe problem here? Is this correct?

boot.scr made with u-boot-utils on ubuntu and then copied works good. Problem in mkimage from radxa repo.

I just updated the buildroot.rockchip repo for the rock 3a. Uboot is now working properly and the system is building/booting cleanly.

2 Likes

I’ve added a Linux v6 branch to the buildroot repo.

In this linux v6 branch, PCIE is working, which includes the RJ45 and wifi networks. The panfrost GPU accelerator is also working. Waiting for upstream Linux version 6.1 or 6.2 which should include DSI support for displays on the DSI connector.

Hi @flatmax!
I’m trying to get Panfrost to work on the CM3, but I’ve been working on it for two weeks full time without success. I’m new to building kernels and rootfs, however! Currently, I’m thinking of buying a Rock 3A, getting everything working on that, then porting it to the CM3. Do you think that is a good approach? I’d really like to get Linux v6 and DSI to work, but that can wait a bit if it’s not ready.
Any help you can offer would be very much appreciated
Duncan

RAM is failing, any idea?