martin
1
gcc-aarch64-linux-gnu does not install using apt, is it in the repo? the u-boot build fails as a result.
I am on the Radxa standard 32 bit Debian image with the Radxa repo enabled and I am trying to follow the instructions for building a Debian kernel.
jack
2
Hi, Martin
You should build a kernel on PC. Are you trying to build kernel on ROCK Pi 4?
Pierre
3
I have the same issue, I realy would like to compile it on the Rockpi.
Mostly becouse cross compiling fail on my mac
Update : I found This Rpisys
Can someone make a defs file for the rockpi?
Thanks
jack
4
We suggest use docker to build the kernel to have a unified build environment.
You can download the docker for mac from:
https://www.docker.com/products/docker-desktop
We have added the docker file for the building environment:
rockchip-bsp/docker at master · radxa/rockchip-bsp · GitHub
O635789
5
@jack
My kernel build failed (Debian ARM64), no any detail:
…
CC [M] drivers/net/wireless/rockchip_wlan/rtl8188eu/core/rtw_mp.o
LD [M] drivers/net/wireless/rockchip_wlan/rtl8188eu/8188eu.o
LD drivers/net/wireless/built-in.o
LD drivers/net/built-in.o
LD drivers/built-in.o
MAKE KERNEL IMAGE FAILED.
Is it a known issue or anywhere I can find the building log? Thanks.
O635789
6
drivers/built-in.o doesn’t exist.
jack
7
The error should be somewhere else, before the log, could you paste the full log on https://paste.ubuntu.com ?
O635789
8
My bad a typo in DTS the kernel was not built correctly, fixed.
Can you elaborate? I am stuck in the same place you were.
igorp
10