Branch or folk?


Hey I’d like to tweak the kernel a little see if I could make Raspberry HATs work on Rock Pi 4, apparently I don’t have the permission to branch out of master, do I have to folk? I assume probably only end up with a few lines of changes. I think it’s very important for Rock Pi 4 to support Raspberry HATS.


A fork doesn’t hurt. However if I were you I’d wait for kernel 5.1 which should have mainline support for RockPi.


That makes sense, I’m glad to know the new kernel is coming


Since even 5.0 is not out yet, I wouldn’t hold my breath for 5.1…