Boot from eMMC?

I can’t seem to find a way to be able to boot from the eMMC in the BIOS. Is there a way? I was able to install Linux on it, but not boot.

Hi friend, When you install the linux in the emmc, please make sure the boot/efi partition in emmc too
By default, the eMMC is not recognized. It needs to be activated using the eMMC Recovery Button every time reboot or power on

Yes, I figured that. But it would be awesome with a BIOS setting that had the eMMC always on, without pressing the button.

This board is probably transplanted from an industrial design without a lot of reflection about what would be useful for a non industry user. The “clear CMOS” button is also a clue. Clearing CMOS isn’t something people need a dedicated, outside accessible button for.

Same for the eMMC button. A recovery environment for industrial purposes (for example, reinstall windows to deploy the board to other uses).
As far as I understand, there is no way to do this in the BIOS. Someone on Radxa Discord did this by soldering a wire to make the button always active. But it probably also shouldn’t be there in the first place.

Perhaps someone from Radxa can confirm if it’s possible to enable the emmc from a future BIOS or not?

We will definitely consider this. Maybe a standalone bios version release or a BIOS setting for the eMMC always on.

Perfect, that’s what I love to hear :slight_smile:

1 Like