Audio jack and Nuvoton not working

I do not. I have no RTC battery

I do not have an RTC battery. My settings seem to be saved, though.

I know that I’ve left the USB power plugged in, but I do not know if the BIOS settings will always persist through reboots/shutdown/power on/etc.

Where did you find the TDS settings???

Advanced > CPU configuration > CPU Thermal Configuration > DTS

Holy crap. That fixed it!

1 Like

Glad to know that it worked for you, but please don’t raise your hopes too high, relapses are always possible, and my maneuver doesn’t always work. We are still in the realm of black magic here.

So is it possible that it’s a software bug? Who is responsible for fixing it if so?

I bought this board with the intention of using it for a light show and part of that is the 3.5mm audio going to an FM transmitter. It’s useless to me without the analog audio output.

I think that a software issue is the most likely explanation, even though I cannot completely rule out an intermittent hardware malfunction.

Judging from the fact that Radxa is not providing a solution, and we the users are not finding it either, it looks like a b*tch of a problem.

Is Radxa aware of the issue we’re having? Is there a ticket number to tie this information on to?

Well, @jack, who replied to some of my posts on this problem, is registered as “Radxa Team” (see above), so i assume that Radxa is aware of the issue.

1 Like

Hello everyone.
I had the same problem with jack and Nuvolon not working.
My ROCK PI X was connected to the VGA display through adaptor HDMI - VGA, finally it was the problem. I tried all the ways to fix that, I spent a lot of time and then decided to connect my SBC to the TV through HDMI cable and magically everything became fine. And the most interesting thing, when I reconnected it to the display everything remained in order.
Apparently something prevented device launch, I suppose that was impossibility to transfer sound through HDMI-VGA adaptor. I’m interested to know if this information will help you.

This is about the analog audio jack.

Your question is on the HDMI. That should go in a different thread. I’d start by seeing if audio plays to that “device” if you’re in Windows it would be the sound icon by the clock. If it does, your issue extends outside of the Rock Pi X.

If I understand well, the audio jack was not working when @DmytroChaychuk was using the HDMI-VGA adapter, but after changing to HDMI TV the audio jack started working and after returning to HDMI-VGA the audio jack went on working.
Correct @DmytroChaychuk?

Exactly, and there’s no yellow triangle on Nuvoton

1 Like

I would say that you have found a new way to reset the Nuvoton error thst does not require going through the BIOS.
I will try something like that the next time that the error rears its ugly head in my Rock Pi X.

1 Like

I found new issue. Right now I have working audio jack under Windows 10,
But, with Linux, everything seems to work fine, and system has no errors, but no sound as well.
And I found that if I slightly move jack out in some positions I have sound working, like system sends signal to the wrong pins of the audio connector. It is not my connector, because the same connector works fine with windows and not working in Linux, but on some stages of moving jack out I can catch the sound.

Are there any additional linux patches, that I need to apply to make audio jack work nice?

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards

Ivan

I assume that you know how to insert an audio jack, so I will refrain from giving trivial advice.
Are you using a loudspeaker/headset jack with 3 contact zones or a combined headset+microphone jack with 4 contact zones?

Immagine%202020-12-04%20094920

Because one possible explanation is that Linux is assuming the wrong type of jack, and by moving the jack you restore the correct order of the electrical contacts.

Dear PetrAloy, I tested all types of conectors on both Windows and Linux with the same result. Something is wrong with the system, I think.

Thank you.
Best Regards,
Ivan

I had this problem with my Rock Pi X v1.4 and loaded the CODEC config tool that jack posted. It then started the DAC. Been working for a few weeks now.

Have not tried the BIOS settings as a comparison.

Dear Jack from Radxa.
The archive contains the installer of DSP Profile Creator software which is copyrighted by Bongiovi Media and Technology, Florida, US.
The software is a commercial, paid product which requires activation.
But the archive you’ve attached - except of the trial version setup - comes along with the modified dll file (!!!) and a readme (in a non-latin language) on which file to overwrite after finishing the setup to have a fully activated version.
It is almost clear to me that you’ve not only attached a CRACKED version, but you are also encouraging your customer’s (the users of this forum) to use it.
This would be very very not good as it is not only lack of respect to your colleagues, but also a criminal action.
I would be very grateful for a comment of someone from the Radxa staff about the attached zip file.