Armbian does not output video in 1366x768

My 1366x768p TV can’t output video from Armbian OS. Only message on the screen is “Does not supported”. I tried to edit /boot/armbianEnv.txt file by adding:
console=display
disp_mode=1366*768p60
and still doesn’t output video.
However Debian 10 works very well on this TV.

https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_FAQ/#why-does-hardware-feature-xy-work-in-old-kernel-but-not-in-more-recent-one

it doesnt say anything about kernel

but downstream kernel works and mainline well in 5.19 not all displays work

“Vendors develop hardware specific support on fixed (usually old LTS) kernel …”
“Armbian moves things forward and follows mainline kernel as much as possible”

Use it or hire someone to bring that to mainline kernel.

i was talking about his question :wink:

he has armbian with mainline and the debian as dowstream kernel .

it is not a armbian specific thing i noticed it and gave the information to a developer chat :wink:

i have 2 lcd’s where it don’t work out of 5 , 1 of them is a sony 4k tv , if i plug it in the not hdr capable hdmi input i get a nice armbian,manjaro .etc , if i plug it in the hdr capable input i dont get any output , there is just a slight diffrence in the edid. and what else with rk356x series clocks :slight_smile:

and there already hired developers to bring it to mainline :wink:

and sure sacha or collobra will have time for it one day the are working hard to get vop2 etc from vendor 2.6 (4.19 ,5.10) into mainline .

and it is hard to develop if you are unaware of something .

i am just good at copy paste and find sources got a new 5.10.66 kernel for rk356x downstream only rkvdec2 has little issue for me on a quartz64 with android

As playing video has nothing to do with this question. Its about resolution support which I doubt anyone is working on it. I On RK3328 and some other we have added that as many other things.

Collabora works on certain things but they are still way too small to cover up everything.

BTW. Apparently it already works with Armbian https://forum.armbian.com/topic/22476-video-playback/#comment-144183

You can try to copy past from https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/1317 and save OP the day :wink:

This is Rockchip product and will probably never be ported to mainline.

Hantro

first where do i talk about playing video ?

well that patch sure is not needed for dowmstream

ow and the link with the post from balbes says it just right 1080p works fine nothing more and can confirm thatt my not capable hdr port of a sony tv has no issues .

then the fun begins connected it to the 4k hdr input and guess no output

only diffrence is a slight diffrent edid with some hdr settings and mainline doesnt like that yet and was also not tested with porting

did armbian test it only see 1080p for mainline ?

think the op is happier with a kernel whith al the commits and where the patches comes from then advising a patch for the wrong kenel :wink:

Armbian outputs video in 1366x768 display in 4.19 kernel (same as Debian 10 from official radxa download page). However, Armbian in 4.19 kernel only works in cli mode and after installing desktop in armbian-config it downloads gnome inferface and configures many useless languages which take many hours to install. And after booting it is lagging so much.

I’ll try install xfce4 desktop with command:

sudo apt install xfce4

but if it doesn’t work well I’ll try to build image from github armbian build tool

After commands:
sudo apt install lightdm xorg
and enabling desktop in
armbian-config
I have finally loaded into xfce desktop

ow if you use downstream you can better use the downstream images from the vendor instead of armbian ones

they make no much diffrence and the vendor one has more options and is faster as the armbian image.

Well, on Debian 10 RAM usage without open applications is about 250MB (compared to 350MB on armbian ubuntu 22.04/official radxa ubuntu server with 4.19 kernel and installed xfce4 desktop), also it boots faster and I’ve noticed slightly faster reaction time compared to other distros I’ve tested.

However packages are very outdated. How to change repos version from stable to testing? I’ve tried change from sources.list (eg. from buster main contrib non-free to testing main contrib non-free) but it doesn’t worked

I was only able to change radxa packages from this tutorial https://wiki.radxa.com/Rock3/radxa-apt