Armbian can't boot

Rockpi4a v1.4 1G RAM
only 4G SD card

if using official Armbian_5.67_Rockpi4b_Debian_stretch_default_4.4.154_desktop_20181210-gpt.img.gz , everything is ok,or debian、 ubuntu 、android

Etcher Armbian_20.02.7_Rockpi-4a_bionic_legacy_4.4.213_desktop.img
i have update spi to rockpi4a-uboot-trust-spi_2017.09-2681-geb41d9a6ce_20191104.img successfully
but problem is:

Boot1: 2018-06-26, version: 1.14
CPUId = 0x0
ChipType = 0x10, 221
Spi_ChipId = b4016
SpiBootInit:0
mmc0:cmd5,32
SdmmcInit=0 0
BootCapSize=0
UserCapSize=3783MB
FwPartOffset=2000 , 0
StorageInit ok = 151667
SecureMode = 0
SecureInit ret = 0, SecureMode = 0
GPT signature is wrong
LoadTrust Addr:0x1800
LoadTrust Addr:0x1c00
LoadTrust Addr:0x2000
LoadTrust Addr:0x2400
LoadTrust Addr:0x2800
LoadTrust Addr:0x2c00
LoadTrust Addr:0x3000
LoadTrust Addr:0x3400
Addr:0x1800 No find trust.img!
LoadTrustBL error:-3
SecureMode = 0
SecureInit ret = 0, SecureMode = 0

so what can i do ???

if i connect pin 23 and 25,then power on, yes desktop can run, but this is slow

another way Erase SPI flash, but why start kernek is every slow, Armbian_20.02.7_Rockpi-4a_buster_current_5.4.28_desktop spend 2 minutes to start

I am surprised that half a year has passed, you have not fixed this problem

Armbian supplied boot loader boots with a normal speed since several months. At least from SD/eMMC … don’t have SPI nor time to test / port it there so from our perspective, half a year means nothing since its 100% our time that is wasted.

okok, i have no idea, thanks

I just did aan new install with the 5.10 kernel version of Armbian, following these instructions:

It’s now running on a kingston A2000 nvme drive with no SDcard installed. The only hickup I experienced is that the rockpi didn’t respond to this command:

sudo echo spi1.0 > /sys/bus/spi/drivers/spi-nor/bind

But it works regardless.

Right forget this, device won’t boot anymore either. It worked on reboot, but doesn’t work after power cycle, I think.

I can’t be completely sure what happened as the power cycle was causes by the unit physically falling onto the ground, which destroyed the ribbon cable to the nvme tray in two places. System will no longer boot, even with the nvme directly attached. It also won’t boot from SD card, and won’t boot from SD card with GPIO pins 25 and 26 shorted.

I’ve been fiddling with this thing for months now, and I’m getting to the stage where I’m strongly considering switching to an x86 SBC for my project. Reliable booting, from a medium with a long lifespan like SSD, or even at all, just doesn’t really appear to be in the cards for the rock pi 4c.

Yes, Rock pi seems to be very sensible even to soft - and hard - handling, maybe soldering of the connectors, components, or something. I have had a lot of troubles with its hdmi connector, but for now it’s been working well for 2 months, with very delicate handling. As written somewhere I’m afraid that it’ll die if relocate it on the bookshelf…

I hadn’t noticed that it’s physically sensitive to handling, but then I think this is the first time I’ve dropped it. That kind of rules it out altogether, since I was planning to mount it in a car…