Archlinux on Rock5b

There appears to be a problem installing kodi on the 7ji repo. It does not compile. Can someone please direct me to another source?

I attempted to install kodi-mpp-git on the agr and I get this error:

Blockquote
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:233 (message):
Could NOT find Java (missing: Java_JAVA_EXECUTABLE Runtime)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
/usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:603 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
/usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindJava.cmake:313 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
xbmc/interfaces/swig/CMakeLists.txt:35 (find_package)

:: Issue has been resolved. I had to install jdk17-openjdk.

Hi,
what is the best way to launch kodi? With the latest kodi-mpp and ffmpeg-mpp i still get a bit of a latency issue. Once every 30seconds, the sound cuts out for a split second. Thatā€™s just from running kodi in Wayland. Kodi-rpi doesnā€™t give me this issue. Perhaps Iā€™m just not launching it correctly. How do you launch kodi to get the best performance?

Kodi standalone service

Isnā€™t that already included? You can boot directly into kodi from login screen. How is this different? When I boot into GBM, I canā€™t seem to reboot the system. It only reboots kodi. Is there a way to fix this?

::located a solution:

:: i was wrong about the system update fix. I continue to have audio cutting out about every 20-30 seconds for a split second. The only way I found that resolves this is by running kodi-mpp in GBM and not from desktop.

1 Like

I have located a slightly better fix. Ffmpeg-mpp from 7ji repo appears to have slightly less performance than ffmpeg-rockchip. This package appears to fix the latency issue I was having for the most part. The sound will cut out but less often when running Kodi from DE.

I have found the fix finally to the latency issue. One PKG in particular I had built/ installed from AGR that caused the latency. I have reverted the package and installed directly from 7JI repo instead and it worked! I no longer have to run Kodi in GBM to have flawless video/audio stream. The PKG that was the culprit is:
ā€œMesa-panfork-gitā€

Sorry for rambling. Iā€™m glad I had finally figured it out.

::not entirely sure if it is fixed. I have noticed issue coming back again. It may have something to do with ffmpeg.

2 Likes