Archlinux on Rock5b

With collabora installed using my image, just run

acu install linux-aarch64-rockchip-armbian-git linux-aarch64-rockchip-armbian-git-headers

1 Like

Synchronizing package databases…
core 230.3 KiB 343 KiB/s 00:01 [#########################################################] 100%
extra 9.2 MiB 1716 KiB/s 00:05 [#########################################################] 100%
community 45.0 B 267 B/s 00:00 [#########################################################] 100%
alarm 56.6 KiB 110 KiB/s 00:01 [#########################################################] 100%
aur 10.2 KiB 29.6 KiB/s 00:00 [#########################################################] 100%
Experimental 3.7 KiB 4.43 KiB/s 00:01 [#########################################################] 100%
7Ji 14.9 KiB 16.1 KiB/s 00:01 [#########################################################] 100%
:: Fetching package repositories…
apps [ ########################## ] ACU | Looking up remote: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kwankiu/acu/dev/examples/apps.yaml
AUR [ ########################## ] GIT | Looking up remote: https://aur.archlinux.org
ALAA [ ########################## ] ARCHIVE | Looking up remote: https://alaa.ad24.cz
ERROR | Failed to resolve host (error code 500).
AARM [ ########################## ] ARCHIVE | Looking up remote: http://tardis.tiny-vps.com/aarm
INFO | Looking for package: linux-aarch64-rockchip-armbian-git
ERROR | Failed to resolve host (error code 500).
ERROR | Package linux-aarch64-rockchip-armbian-git not found

[alarm@arch-r5 /]$ sudo pacman -S linux-aarch64-rockchip-armbian-git linux-aarch64-rockchip-armbian-git-headers
error: target not found: linux-aarch64-rockchip-armbian-git
error: target not found: linux-aarch64-rockchip-armbian-git-headers

Both acu and pacman fail at your suggestions. It’s a stock install.
sudo arch-rock-config is also broke.
Clearly your acu and this Arch installer is wip. Bummer.
I won’t be waiting almost 2 weeks for a reply again either.
Dumb suggestions on a broken project with slow support.
Users beware.

Ahhh Bummer…

:beer:

acu -u

Your acu doesnt seems right.

Your atittude sucks just like the narcissists from armbian u better moderate yourself for someone who contributed fuck all from everyone efforts you should be more willing to help rather than blame.

arch-rock-config was replaced by acu so its just acu now.

Samuel mind is focused on radxa specifically the rock 5b im sure he will address your issue. :triumph:

Your copy of installation is too old for that to work. The “Experimental” repository is deprecated.

(Sorry for the late response since I wasn’t actively checking this forum recently, didn’t realise that message was 20 days ago)

I thought u have your installation done recently.

In that case u need to add my new repository before installing the new kernel:

Also, note that the b07-dev image is still in development.

2 Likes

Hello all,
after I updatet ARCH to kernel 6.1.75.r1272301.g0efd1f48-1 from Joshua-Rieck,
my Wayland programs , Gnome,Plasma, are not working anymore.
Any advise other than going back to version 6.1.43 ?
Regards
Uli

This kernel might also contain some changes from Rockchip that broke resource limits on the system:

Its been a while since i hadnt posted in this forum because i was quite busy IRL and the new version of AGR.

Here is the news. With new AGR version 1.0.0, you can now cross compile arm packages from your PC using AGR, the how to is in the README.md.

To update agr as always:

agr update --agr

but now to get updates, you need additional 1 step

agr sync or agr sync --noconfirm

you can still use @kwankiu’s install scripts and images, the repo of @7ji at https://github.com/7Ji/archrepo, but the new and cutting edge testing stuff is generally happening in the AGR repo.

You need to replace panfork with panthor

Just install the “mesa” package and remove “mesa-panfork-git”

@Uli_Beling if you are interested you may join my discord server for more real time updates

1 Like

Will there be something like mesa-panthor-git ?
Because panthor is less fast than panfork with PAN_MESA_DEBUG=gofaster.
regards
Uli

You can enable an overlay and you will be able to use panfork again

@boogiepop

Where do I find that overlay? Is it avaible in kernel 6.1.43 ?
Does it match higher versions? Do Ineed to install something?
Thanks in advace
Uli

here:

/boot/dtbs/linux-aarch64-rockchip-bsp6.1-joshua-git/rockchip/overlay/rk3588s-mali.dtbo

Can you ask Joshua-Riek to implement this into his next kernel version?
Maybe there are more people than me interested.
Regards
Uli

he is here: @Spooky :wink:

@Spooky’s 6.1 kernel uses panfork, the package we are using for arch linux contains panthor backport patches from @boogiepop https://github.com/7Ji-PKGBUILDs/linux-aarch64-rockchip-bsp6.1-joshua-git which uses panthor by default instead of panfork

just add

fdtoverlays /boot/dtbs/linux-aarch64-rockchip-bsp6.1-joshua-git/rockchip/overlay/rk3588s-mali.dtbo

to your /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf

I’ve been against including Panthor for a while. This is because I would have users open a lot of new issues related to the GPU and I don’t have the GPU driver knowledge to maintain and fix new issues. From my understanding, Panthor still has a lot of problems. Overall this would create a lot more work for me.

I might create a Ubuntu 24.10 image with Panthor.

3 Likes

Is there a way to control the fan curve on arch? It switches between 0% and a 100% at around 53 Celsius. The only solution that I found that kinda works is if I set the policy of thermal_zone0 to user_space and then echo in the desired rpm. That isn’t ideal but I can’t figure out how to set a fan curve.

@Spooky Yes, but please do not do anything too drastic to 22.04. That is th only OS actually works with my beloved plugin. But I do remember an option where I could freeze updates on some level with a script on the Wiki if I remember correctly. Much like Armbian’s ’ “freeze” option.

@AbduEhabI could bet that I saw an rsetup/armbian-config like option in the new ACU och Arch from @kwankiu. I solved it by just opting for the standard Radxa/OkDO (in Europe) passive cooler as the fan was driving me crazy, had ticking noises even though there wasn’t any wires in the way as usually is the case. And absolutely no difference wahtsoever in temperature on neither idle or load. The down side of the standard passive case is that it should have gone through some more opinionnated people as the GPIO:s are barely exposed, the front and back-side can’t be used because of space for cables were lackiing amongst other things leaving it weirdly exposed. And by design, if they are missing, you cannot really get the upper part to mount as they were in symbiosis, so only option was using the bottom holes which covering the ssd and making the whole construction quite odd, especially during disassembly.

There appears to be a problem installing kodi on the 7ji repo. It does not compile. Can someone please direct me to another source?

I attempted to install kodi-mpp-git on the agr and I get this error:

Blockquote
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:233 (message):
Could NOT find Java (missing: Java_JAVA_EXECUTABLE Runtime)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
/usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:603 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
/usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindJava.cmake:313 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
xbmc/interfaces/swig/CMakeLists.txt:35 (find_package)

:: Issue has been resolved. I had to install jdk17-openjdk.