Archlinux on Rock5b

Hi, @boogiepop. Hi, everyone. I’m wondering if there’s a way to get the new agr packages to build using all 8 of the rock5b’s cores? At the moment packages like the kernel which take a long time already are only being built using a single core.

Yeah sure just add -j8 to MAKEFLAGS in
makepkg.conf

Additionally @kwankiu created a binary repo for such experimental packages:

https://github.com/kwankiu/archlinux-installer-rock5/releases/tag/b07-dev

1 Like

Installer Image for new install:

Great. Is there a way that I can make configuration changes to the packages, such as to the radxa kernel? It seems that my fan has stopped working after changing to the new agr one.

Has it really stopped working or switched to a different curve? The collabora curve is quite tolerant of high temps (and not well thought through).

You can, but you need to clone the pkgbuild and build yourself.

In radxa kernel i gave an option to use the config under custom/config.

Not sure about other kernels i dont maintain them. But you can modify them however you want.

1 Like

It seems to have stopped working. I had been using fanctrl-rock5b to control the fan on my board. The program panics now. I’d also tried following the old radxa wiki instructions on how to start the fan from the shell and I get this error message from the first command:

echo: write error: device or resource busy

I’m thinking that at some point, the way that the fan is supposed to be accessed was changed. The procedure is different in the new radxa wiki. So, I guess I could modify fanctrl-rock5b, and get it to work again. Also I’ve noticed that I can’t change the way that the blue led flashes anymore as well.

In most newer kernels (5.10.160+), the fan is controlled via a kernel driver, not a userspace script.

Which kernel driver?

Is there a name for it? If there is, I don’t know what.

Dear boogiepop,

I got a kodi compiling error and can’t find the solution (missing package?)
(OP5B, OP ArchLinux Kernel 5.10 +Xfce v4.18, Using java7 for compiling now)

agr install kodi-mpp-git

The compiling error

Blockquote

==> Starting build()...
building kodi
-- Source directory: /home/.agr/packages/kodi-mpp-git/src/xbmc
-- Build directory: /home/.agr/packages/kodi-mpp-git/src/kodi-build
-- Generator: Single-configuration: Release (Unix Makefiles)
-- CMake Version: 3.28.4
-- System type: Linux
-- Linker: GNU gold
-- include/linux/udmabuf.h not found
-- include/linux/dma-heap.h not found
-- include/linux/dma-buf.h not found
-- memfd_create() not found
-- Host architecture is little-endian
-- Core system type: linux
-- Platform: X11;WAYLAND;GBM
-- CPU: aarch64, ARCH: aarch64
-- Cross-Compiling: FALSE
-- Execute build artefacts on host: 
-- Depends based build: 
-- statx() not found
-- Could not find hardware support for SSE (missing: _SSE_TRUE _SSE_OK) 
-- Could not find hardware support for SSE2 (missing: _SSE2_TRUE _SSE2_OK) 
-- Could not find hardware support for SSE3 (missing: _SSE3_TRUE _SSE3_OK) 
-- Could not find hardware support for SSSE3 (missing: _SSSE3_TRUE _SSSE3_OK) 
-- Could not find hardware support for SSE4.1 (missing: _SSE41_TRUE _SSE41_OK) 
-- Could not find hardware support for SSE4.2 (missing: _SSE42_TRUE _SSE42_OK) 
-- Could not find hardware support for AVX (missing: _AVX_TRUE _AVX_OK) 
-- Could not find hardware support for AVX2 (missing: _AVX2_TRUE _AVX2_OK) 
-- NEON optimization enabled
-- core_file_read_filtered - filename: /home/.agr/packages/kodi-mpp-git/src/xbmc/version.txt
-- core_file_read_filtered - filename: /home/.agr/packages/kodi-mpp-git/src/xbmc/xbmc/interfaces/json-rpc/schema/version.txt
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:230 (message):
  Could NOT find Threads (missing: Threads_FOUND)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:600 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindThreads.cmake:226 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  CMakeLists.txt:129 (find_package)
> Blockquote

pacman -Qi
[https://ufile.io/qe6gvzbp](https://ufile.io/qe6gvzbp)

Best regards, the one and only BeefMaster ;)

The fan is enabled with the rock 5’s dtb and being managed by Linux’s fan kernel driver.

Check amazingfate’s post, it was also mentioned before in this thread.

2 Likes

Any news for the panfork driver for the 6.1-panthor kernel ?
Panfrost performance is not really sufficient.

Hey guys,
do any of you know when the panthor release in mainline is planned? 6.9 or 6.10.
And last but not least thanks for all the work and support here :slight_smile:

greetings

1 Like

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me. I’ve been trying to update system and as systemd gets updated, it triggers a glibc_2.39 not found. Does anyone how to fix this?

Who ever provided this archlinux pkgs needs to rebuild the whole pkg list as the base pkgs are updated.

gcc 14.1 binutils 2.42 glibc 2.39. got updated

Did you do:

sudo pacman -Syu

?

Yes I ran that. I can’t seem to boot into BredOs once the update is done. However its good I made a backup. If I remove the drive, I was able to restore my data from another PC.

I recently got similar errors, when I did a partial upgrade, which officially is nor supported.

How do you know if your doing a partial upgrade? Most often I’ve been running pacman -Syyu. Then I recently found out should rather be doing -Syu. Would this make a difference? Neither work for me either way. I still get the error after systemd updates.