Analog audio es8316 analog stereo is not working

if i use the mixer app i see an audio level on the outout device (rockchip,es8316-codec) but when i connect my ear plugs i hear nothing.
The ear plug is woking on my laptop.
Have anyone this problem too or a solution for this?

BR a.kratzer

What OS are you running? Check out my post “Building Debian ARM64” if that’s what you are using.

Yes i run the debian with the radxa apt repo (ARM64) With the std kernel from the apt repo.

i have ordered a secound rock pi 4 to verify if it is a HW failure

Which exactly the kernel version is? uname -r?

4.4.154-73-rockchip-00007-g155a65a

In my build, it was the dtb not the kernel caused the problem. After I copied rockpi4-linux.dtb from the armhf build (which you can download) I got audio.

i have test it and it works ;o)
i think the rockpi4-linux.dtb from the 4.4.154-73-rockchip-00007-g155a65a is broken/wrong

thx for your support

@Stephen Can you look at it?

Yet. I am working on it.

Hi, to fix the problem with analog audio es8316, the new kernel packages

linux-4.4-lastest

are updated.

Due to the space of boot partition, you’d better not leave more than two kernel packages.

To see the installed kernel packages, check file /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf, which includes one line, like this.

label kernel-4.4.154-73-rockchip-00007-g155a65a (format: label INSTALLED_KERNEL_VERSION)

To find the packages corresponding to the installed kernel version, check https://wiki.radxa.com/Rockpi4/radxa-apt. Then use apt-get remove to remove them.

Example:

If you fail to finish one of steps, just try reboot. And do not use apt-get upgrade or apt-get dist-upgrade.

Firstly, remove packages to free up space.

sudo rm -rf /var/cache/apt/archives
sudo apt-get remove linux-4.4-lastest
sudo apt-get remove linux-image-4.4.154-73-rockchip-00007-g155a65a (remove all except one)

Secondly, reboot rockpi4.

Thirdly, install packages

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install linux-4.4-lastest
1 Like