Amazon Prime Video App crashes on Rock Pi

I am trying to run Amazon Prime Video on top of Android TV OS on Rock Pi 4. However the app keep crashing / unable to play Videos. Even tried opening the prime video through a browser but it fails to play due to DRM rights. It looks like DRM Library is missing on Rock Pi 4 running Android TV OS. Can you please suggest how to proceed with this issue?

I can fix the Amazon Prime Video crashing in Android, but need a sample device and need to rebuild the firmware. I fixed it on other Rockchip devices.

Amazon Prime Video should also be able to work with an addon in LibreELEC.

It would be great if we could modify the amazon apk to work on RockPi4 that supports RK3399 and its VPU.
Can you suggest how to run the Amazon Video App on RKMC (seems to be an older Kodi fork - may be version 16.1). RKMC seems to be an optimized version for using the onboard graphics processor. It would be good if we can get the Amazon Video app running on RkMC.

The addon can only work in Kodi 18 with DRM capabilities, RKMC is based on Kodi 16.
You can’t modify the app, but need to add some patches to the Android 7 SDK source code to trick it into thinking it’s a phone instead of development board and some other things and rebuild the firmware.

Here is the addon

If Radxa releases Android 8 for Rock Pi,
I can also fix audio passthrough, HDR video playback and add Kodi 18 auto frame-rate switching with fractional frame-rate support so videos play a lot smoother.
Rockchip actually supports Kodi 18 a lot better now and discontinued RKMC(which still works well). Since RKMC is old, it also doesn’t support the new python versions, which are required now for a lot of addons to work.

You can perhaps try this LibreELEC and see if you can use the Amazon addon in it, Netflix 1080p should also be able to get software decoded.
Also enable InputStream addon in LE. It will ask to download a Chrome image to add the Linux DRM plugin.
https://test.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC-RK3399.arm-9.1-nightly-20190324-5ccaa74-rock-pi-4.img.gz

I can build an even better optimized LE image but don’t have a Rock Pi at this stage to test anything.

@mo123

Hi
Can you provide some patches to fix the Amazon Video issue? I will try to fix it in the next version.

Thank you.

Hi

Is it possible to send a PM?
Then I can chat further.