Amazon Prime Video and Netflix on Android / Android TV

Here is a link to the new Kodi addon for Disney+ released yesterday.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=353316

Cool, many thanks for your answer! Do you think it is safe to use apkpure?

It’s very safe, they only use official apps from the Google Play Store that they then host on their own servers, no paid or modified apps.
If you use AndroidTV firmware, APKPure app store is also the only way to keep non-AndroidTV apps(phone apps) updated apart from Aptoide app store, but that store has a few fake apps if you don’t know what you are doing.

OK that was helpful. In the meantime I tried the Android P Image, but had some problems with twrp and Magisk. The Apkpure version was working :slight_smile: I’m installing P again. If it is running with P, I guess l’ll stick with it. Do you think the same of APKMirror?

APKMirror is also a reliable site to get the latest versions of apps, but the app selection is a lot more limited compared to APKPure, but certain Google apps or others there you can download the latest versions a few days earlier.

Magisk is working fine.
In my firmware I also added a flash image partition setting in Developer Options then you don’t even need to use TWRP recovery, you just patch your boot.img with Magisk and flash it directly from Developer Options to have Magisk working. My images, v1.6 are also pre-patched with Magisk already.

If using Magisk, you have to remember to also enable the ‘Magisk Hide’ setting in Magisk Manager, otherwise you will fail the BasicIntegrity test, then you can use an addon like Magisk Hide Props with a terminal app and type ‘props’ to emulate another device like eg. Xiaomi if needed if you also want to pass the CTS test too.

Ok. So now everything seems to run fine. Disney+ as well even though not taken from the Playstore.

Except for the right button of my mouse (I tested two mice). Is this a problem of android P?

PS: Thank you for the hint with MagiskHide and props. I changed my device to a Galaxy 10 Plus. Now Netflix can be used from the Playstore :slight_smile:

Does your image/Firmware support right mouse buttons (as back action)

I only use an airmouse, but the right mouse button does do back, maybe just not a PC mouse.
Try to see if you can use a keymapper app and if it detects the right mouse button so you can map it to back.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flar2.homebutton&hl=en or
https://github.com/sds100/KeyMapper/releases

If you don’t already have an airmouse, try to buy one from Gearbest or Aliexpress, it helps a lot to control Android devices. I use a Mele F10 but there are lots of newer ones released like G10s, G20, MX3 etc.

I have a Rii i13 mini, which looks pretty similar to the one you suggested. It is a small keyboard with an integrated airmouse and has IR-functionality on the backside for up to 8 devices too. But also a computer mouse didn’t work concerning the right mouse button (RMB).
Yesterday I tried the keymapper but pressing RMB wasn’t detected… very strange. Maybe it’s a problem of the firmware…

EDIT1: I tried the keytest.apk for detecting events you recommended in your thread. Pressing RMB does nothing. For now I remapped my Arrow Left Key on the keyboard to BACK.

In the meantime I tried your AndroidTV Firmware 1.5 where RMB works flawlessly!
The output of official Android P Firmware and your Custom Firmware from
cat /proc/bus/input/devices is the same.
Do you have any idea?

EDIT: I tried
getevent -lt /dev/input/event3

which gives me an output

EV_KEY BTN_RIGHT -> UP or DOWN

So pressing is detected. Now I should find out how I can map this event to the BACK Action…

In the meantime I noticed two things:
Using the official Netflix App shows videos with big compression artifacts/blocks in dark scenes.
Using the Kodi Netflix extension, the videos look finewithout artifacts. Both show 540p in the pattern test video.

Moreover I can install the latest version of Netflix from playstore without a problem (maybe it is due to magisk prop)

How do you get HD Audio passthrough on LE?
I thought we have to wait for mainline Kernel support for this feature to work on RockPi?
I would be happy if it would work?

Well these apps can be downloaded from playstore. However, sometimes the error came that videos doesn’t play. I personally download amazon prime videos on my Android sd card and then copy it in my usb and then play it on my Android tv. If you want to do this, simply follow these steps.

1. Enable Unknown Sources from the settings.
  2. Download the Amazon appstore app.
  3. Enable the option to save Amazon Video to sd card. Now after following these steps copy the video into your pc via smartphone.
    After this simply put your usb on your android tv and watch the video.

It’s very safe, they only use official apps from the Google Play Store that they then host on their own servers, no paid or modified apps.

I also use the prime video app to watch movies.