A matching amplifier case?

My Rock 5B is housed in a absolutely lovely case from KKSB. I found a link to it here on this forum, and I’m very happy with the function of it as well as the looks.

For quite some time I’ve had a small amplifier powering my speakers. The amp is by Adafruit, marked 2×20w, plays loud and clear and doesn’t even get hot.

The Adafruit MAX9744 is sold as a tiny circuit board and it has been sitting on my table as it is. Different ideas for housing it properly has been on my mind but still not emerged into reality.

But then I bought the Rock 5B and the KKSB black honeycomb case for it. The case is quite the looker, imho, and wouldn’t it be perfect to house the amplifier in a matching case?

• The case would be sized for a pico-ITX SBC and the amplifier is much smaller, which would leave ample space for internal cables. The size is close to that of other class-D amplifiers.

• The rear side of the case has enough area for the connectors (letting the barrel jack poke through) and adding proper speaker terminals and a 3.5mm audio socket.

• The front could have a centered black volume knob. …and the logo.

• The heat sink isn’t required for the MAX97744 chip, so it could be omitted to keep costs down.

Would anyone be interested in a matching amplifier case like that?

1 Like