3D acceleration for Rock 5 ITX

In the latest Radxa’s official build, with kernel 5.10.110-35-rockchip, it seems that the 3D acceleration is missing or not enabled. Any ideas on how to enable 3D acceleration?

Hi the Performance of the ITX board with the generic build is terrible even on NVMe - Armbian on my slowest SD card outperforms this by 3x in every way… Scores on glmark2-es2 is not much better when the mali GPU is put into performance mode vs my Zero 3E…

I just want to say if I was a complete noob - If I didnt know that other OS’s perform better I would trash this board and never buy Radxa again since the performance is that bad.

I do feel that roobie should include a way to easily install other SD card images onto NVMe.
However this is going to be split off into its own topic.

I am a complete NOOB. I’m installing JR Ubuntu 24.04 right now. Will see how that works. Incidentally, how do you put Mali PU into a performance mode?

you will need the cpufreq tools installed
to change the mali gpu you can echo “performance” | sudo tee … then the path to your mali
I found its path by find /sys |grep mali
This does not survive a reboot

I found that the armbian rolling release which I have only got to work via sd card has awesome performance.