12 o clock reboot - Rock 5B

Hi Team,

I am using Rock 5B, booted with Ubuntu 20 04 LTS Server OS which was officially provided by radxa team. The weird thing is everyday night 12:00 o clock device is getting rebooted. I’ve checked crontab also, no jobs assigned. How to resolve this issue?

Please help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

Erm, try to use different power plug?

1 Like

Thanks!

I’ve tried using multiple power plug. Getting same issues. Any other suggestions ?
Is there any issue, particularly rebooting at 12 0 clk Midnight ?

Did you check the logs if the device has powered down in a clean manner? Does "journalctl -r" show anything about powering down at that specific time?

Hi,

I checked after your suggestion. Nothing wrong in that it seems.

Apologise for not mentioned, For testing purpose I’ve made device time ‘23:59:00’ purposefully, using timedatectl. Exactly 12 o clk device is rebooting. With this output I can conclude that there is no power supply prblem if I am not wrong.

Please help me with this.

Then my advice is to reinstall OS, someone trolled you

Or do
grep -rnw / -e ‘reboot’

Or it does another task which just hangs the board and the watchdog kicks in… Check the journal…

How about:

1. writing shutdown -cin the terminal, this will cancel a pending shutdown command
  2. checking whether you don’t have something like this set up in cron
nano /var/log/syslog

Any ‘sudo reboot’?

Thanks @incognito

1. I have tried that already, but didn’t help.
  2. Verified, FYI please refer to the below image.

Hi @Dbenton

I am using official ubuntu image provided by radxa, in which I am not able to see syslog files. I think they’re not providing for using as minimal package, if I am not wrong.

1 Like

Also, wanted to share info, yesterday I have used my Mobile adapter and Type C cable, It didn’t rebooted.
Previously I was using the Adapter which officially provided from Radxa website. Both are having same o/p V. But anyways, I am going to reflash the eMMC, Still I wanted to figure out the issue.

Please help with this.

1 Like

This is very strange indeed. PD related maybe then?