Void linux on Rock pi - is it possible?

I would have a gander at the OMV image I have created. sounds a bit pompous its just the radxa 4.4 build with OMV installed where I have worked out a few packages to install and also remove.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AocmAh35i26QiR-EAvY_MCIaT_eV

Linux 5.2 got released and the new version of mesa is tomorrow so you will prob have the next pre version of Manjaro that will hopefully include PCIe. So at the speed those guys knock out updates if not tomorrow its likely just to be days.
They have KDE, LXqt and there should also be a Mate version on its way.

PS with the above I forgot to edit #intfc:dtoverlay=pcie-gen2
Doh!

Yeah really but also it has a docker gui dhcp/dns/firewall/fail2ban its actually far more than Nas and is server orientated.
Its worth a look and see and stick a few usb pens or disks in just to test things disk wise but there are a whole rake of apps/images there.

Manjaro is the biggest one its 5.3-rc with 5.2 final and there are a rake of fixes but typically the biggest outstanding issue would have to be pcie but I have at least been bending their ears on how popular it is in the community so dunno but expecting it to happen.
They are also working on the Pinebookpro which really is the Rockpro64 in laptop guise so yeah I am expecting that it could be quite soon.

So have a go server side for a couple of days as there is likely a client desktop coming your way.

yeah I was wanting to get the pinebook i3 community image for rockpi but does not boot unfortunately :slight_smile:

So figured I would get a min install and work from there, but can be bothered until the PCIe is supported.
(But must admit that Manjaro is really growing on me :slight_smile: )

unRaid is running very steady for me and also have all these things so will likely not be changing away from that. I have a 12TB array with 2 redundancy disks and a 512mb nvme as fast cache and on dual 10gbe NICs, so my NAS needs are met for now.

1 Like

iozone -e -I -a -s 100M -r 4k -r 16k -r 512k -r 1024k -r 16384k -r 32768‬k -i 0 -i 1 -i 2

ps you know me and mhew large rec lengths but does that rocket of yours continue with bigger rec lengths in speed or we hit near max?

PS give OMV just a look see and give next cloud a go in the docker just type in nextcloud
Maybe openhab or another as sure there are containers for them but use OMV as the host.

Ubuntu 19.10 mainline will be Oct if a rolling release like manjaro aint your thing but I am a bit of an Arch fan boy and also really starting to take to Manjaro.
I tried it on a Pi3 and it actually had a bad effect and put me off but actually its pretty damn good.
Still very bleeding edge on the rockpi4 but its very very close to complete.

But just use the OMV docker gui

Seems max buffer is 16384k

I already have a dedicated raspberry pi 3b with an Openhab2 image on it. :wink:
But will give it a look tomorrow after work. (getting late here)

1 Like

Its worth just seeing how much you can load the rockpi4 and should be a good comparison to the known pi3.
Seriously impressed by how much it can handle.
Synthetic tests don’t mean that much but will give you a better idea, even if something you have.

1 Like