Unable to connect wifi ap

Perfect, I’m glad it worked!

Hi @ajcalderont,

This does seem to work, at least for one time. After each reboot you have to do this again.

Its at least a quick fix, but now a sustainable solution. Normally I don’t have a screen attached and I access it over ssh which requires an network connection. Something with a chicken and egg comes to my mind :slight_smile:

Thnx for the tip.

Regards, Jork

Yes @jork, with every reboot you need to do that again. What I did was to add those instructions to /etc/rc.local to be executed automatically after booting, because as you, I work over SSH without a screen attached to the board. Let’s hope we find a better solution soon.

Regards

I am experiencing this as well, is this a known bug/any updates?
Image:

rockpi4b-ubuntu-bionic-minimal-20190104_2101-gpt.img

We are looking at it now.

Hi
I’m having the same issue with wifi not working on ubuntu server. I’ve tried the work around to stop and start wifi but it still I cant connect to wifi and the answer is only “Connection activation failed: (0) No reason given”
Anybody who has any further info how to solve this issue?

Hi, @pethun

Try this way to see if it helps.

Add the following lines in file, /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf

[main]
plugins=ifupdown,keyfile

[ifupdown]
managed=false

[device]
wifi.scan-rand-mac-address=no
1 Like

Hi @Stephen

Many thanks for the advice. After modifying the file /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf according to your instructions wifi is working for ubuntu server.
The working NetworkManager.conf are now as follows:
[main]

plugins=ifupdown,keyfile

[ifupdown]

managed=false

[device]

wifi.scan-rand-mac-address=no

[keyfile]

unmanaged-devices=*,except:type:wifi,except:type:wwan,except:type:ethernet

2 Likes

Hi, found the solutions provided by Stephen and pethun work! Thank you all!

1 Like

Hello,
I am still experiencing the same problem, radio off/on seems to be a work around but I noticed
a delay in pinging the Rockpi4 from a wired ethernet machine but did not notice a delay pinging the same wired ethernet machine from the Rockpi.

kernel logs are also filled with:
bcmsdh_sdmmc: Failed to Write byte F1:@0x1001f=01, Err: -5

I am on a rockpi 4 1.3 using a Rockpi eMMC on Armbian with kernel:
Linux rockpi4 4.4.182-rockchip64 #1 SMP Fri Jun 28 17:34:00 CEST 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux

I am using a QC power supply

Any suggestions what this might be / fix?

Hi All,

After applied workaround from pethun and Stephen (thanks both), seems it works.

But further testing found, wlan0 is able to IP address from Router but not able to connect via SSH or other. Until eth0 is connected, then WiFi connection becomes working properly.

From dmesg, found below message flooding,
[Mon Oct 21 09:05:15 2019] bcmsdh_sdmmc: Failed to Write byte F1:@0x1001f=01, Err: -5

Any idea?

I’m using rockpi4b-ubuntu-bionic-minimal-20190104_2101-gpt.img, Rock Pi 4b v1.4.

Regards,
Barry

Which kernel version? uname -r ?

Hi Jack,

uname -r output is:
4.4.154-59-rockchip-g5e70f14

Barry

Please update the kernel package according to the wiki page:

https://wiki.radxa.com/Rockpi4/radxa-apt

I think we have fixed this issue. The latest kernel is linux-image-4.4.154-92 you just install the

sudo apt-get install linux-4.4-latest

Hi Jack,

Thanks for reply. I have updated the kernel to latest as your suggestion. But the problem still exist. Now dmesg output is slightly different.

[Mon Oct 21 17:07:57 2019] bcmsdh_sdmmc: Failed to Read byte F1:@0x1001f=ff, Err: -5
[Mon Oct 21 17:07:57 2019] dwmmc_rockchip fe310000.dwmmc: All phases bad!
[Mon Oct 21 17:07:57 2019] mmc2: tuning execution failed

And I found wlan0 actually is connected and got ip address even eth0 is disconnected. But ssh to wlan0 got no response if eth0 is unplug.

After plugin eth0 and eth0 then wlan0 would response to ssh too.

Regards,
Barry

I think this issue is fixed in the latest kernel. Please update to the linux-4.4-latest_4.4.154-98-rockchip and later.

hi installing the lastest kernel, specifically the linux-4.4-latest_4.4.154-95-rockchip no appear the wifi and is poor, solutions please or i consider use other option for this, with the default kernel works and connect but new no working nothing

The kernel version should not affect the wifi signal. Could you check if there is other reasons? such as did you put the board in a metal case?

You are a legend, That one worked!

(Linux Mint with Plasma Theme)my .conf had no
[keyfile]
unmanaged-devices=*,except:type:wifi,except:type:wwan,except:type:ethernet