Rock Pi 4C is now available?

Currently I have installed Manjaro ARM with working dtb and install Kodi on top but have not fully tested Kodi this way. Ultimately I would like to have 4c as my media player.

BTW, wifi does not work with Manjaro on 4C, so I had to use cable network. Any advice?

This is good news, kodi should work smoothly for atleast 1080p but not anything above it.
You can also get netflix and amazon to work with our chromium over dockers package.
Simple install the package and it will do all the needed stuff for you.
sudo pacman -S chromium-docker

Sorry about that but as none of Manjaro developers have 4c to test the wifi on, we have to depend on community testers to test it which it not always convenient, the only test device we have is RockPi4 which was send few years ago thanks to radxa team.
I will look into 4c to see which wifi chip it uses and might get you something to test on it.
Please you the lan cable till then.

Hope you have a pleasant experience with Manjaro Arm linux.
UPDATE:
I just saw that it is using the same wifi chip and our developer have already updated the wifi package but it is in testing and unstable branch once it reaches the stable branch then you will be able to get the updated package which will have wifi drivers.

If you would like to test it for us the you can do the following.

• sudo pacman -S wget
  • wget https://osmirror.org/manjaro/arm-testing/community/aarch64/ap6256-firmware-2020.02-4-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz
  • sudo pacman -U ap6256-firmware-2020.02-4-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz
  • sudo reboot now

With this you will have wifi drivers hopefully as we cannot test it without a test board, Please test it and report back.

Thank you.

Thanks. I have used Manjaro Desktop previously but did it not last as my workplace decide to standardised on Ubuntu Bionic but I am still using on one of my laptop for testing purpose. Might be a good idea to upgrade.

Will test on the wifi with your instructions.

Cheers

@spikerguy.

I have the opportunity to work from home today and yes, the wifi works.

1 Like

Good to hear that.

Have a good time with your RockPi 4C with Manjaro ARM.

UPDATE:
Manjaro ARM is fully functional on RockPi4C as I have just tested it myself with a fresh image which was for RockPi4C.

Posting this from RockPi4C. Thanks Radxa for the test sample device.

I’m new to the forum. I just ordered my Rock Pi 4C.Where did you get a Manjaro image for Rockpi4C. Regarding Screenshot as shown on picture, is it 20.06 or 20.08? Did you actually have to build yours from sources or you just used a Manjaro 20.08 Rockpi4B image?.

Yes 20.08 i will share the image with radxa team for them to host it.

I am from manjaro arm team so i build it from existing tools which already have support for 4c.

I will upload the image somewhere so radxa team can add it to their list.

1 Like

Briefly tested (5.7.y) Armbian for Rockpi 4C
https://dl.armbian.com/rockpi-4c/archive/
or build from sources:

https://docs.armbian.com/#what-is-armbian

How Armbian runs:

2 Likes

Just wonder if Armbian could boot from SSD using u-boot in SPI flash?

We like to have a clean solution with modern u-boot - worth waiting. Under development:

3 Likes

Hello. I have done this in rockpi4B and I got chromium with drm, but when I try to play some video, there are jumps and after a while it gets very slow and unstable. any idea why this happens and how it can be solved? would it be a matter of performance and overclocking the system?

Yes are you overclocking it more than what the hardware can handle?
The video playback is done with cpu acceleration as vpu support is still not present. So with ur device being overclocked. Chromium is trying to use as much as cpu it can and causing lag and stability issue.

thanks for answering me. I think there has been a translation problem. I’m using google translator. I am not using overclocking. i am using manjaro kde on a rockpi4b with wayland and install chromium-docker and the drm contents are not working well. It also doesn’t work well on Twisteros with the same rockpi4b.