Rock 5b 1.42 can't run os

Specifically, the green led comes on for a few seconds, then goes out, then the blue led and green led come on for a few seconds at the same time, and then go out

Then repeat the above cycle all the time, and there is no signal on the display screen.

The official 65w power supply is used. And 32gb sdcard

Prob have a look at

See if its the one in the shop psu as well.

Grab the image from https://wiki.radxa.com/Rock5/downloads use etcher and try a Pi usb-c if you have one or a usb-c adapter on a 12v.
Then at least you know which to RMA

My official Radxa supply has not arrived yet, so im still dead in the water. Decided not to bother wiring up direct to GPIO. i have no pressing ‘need’ for this. its a toy, so i can wait. If i was planning a product, i dont think id be using the RK3588 yet… still new. Id stick with RK3399s for a bit longer, which are well established.

Can not dissagree as still very bleeding edge and rk3399 I went through the same but yeah images and mainline way more mature.
Still doesn’t help the above and try a dumb psu 5-20v with a usb-c adapter to see if that gets the Rock5b to boot.

I did, might have been in a different thread when i commented, but i tried every one i had, then got a barrel to usbC to try non USB 12v supply… still reboots. so i give up until the OEM one appears.

Same idea with product / plans as these chips i dont think are quite ready for it. Soon, just not yet… If i’m going to build a product these days i would use the card-edge SOM modules and my own custom carrier with just the ports i need ( including power :slight_smile: ). But right now im sort of out of that business, so this is just for me to play with at a personal level, as i’m a huge ARM fan.

Your OEM one is not going to fix that. The boot loop most people are getting is the Rock5b renegotiating PD voltage and the switch causes power loss and a reboot.
If you have a dumb feed that does not renegotiate its highly unlikely your PD will make any difference.
If you have a boot loop like that on a dumb psu then you need to connect a console and get some info from uboot.

With the above I was referring to the OP

I have to disagree in general, if uboot is defective ( which they have fully admitted ) it is on the OEM to fix. ( and they claim they will )

And i did state that its not that important to me to get it working right now, so i really am not going to take the time to bother with the console. What i have on hand does not work, i ordered what they claim will work. When it comes, most likely it will work. Or they will fix uboot by then. Who knows, that is another 2 weeks out for arrival.

And to be honest, with them dropping the ball on something so simple, it puts a sour taste in my mouth for if i were to go back into that mode and want to use their modules for a commercial product. Other vendors seem more on the ball.

1 Like