Rock 5 - Case + Cooling

Great to hear, I dont want to sound like i was putting it down as its a great thing you guys are doing, but it does need a little bit of work. But its good enough for me to do the job. Ill add my own standoffs instead of fixing it myself and re-printing.

Eventually ill be sticking it in an extruded aluminum case, but figured a PLA box would for now.

I designed a case for Rock 5B. Please feel free to print it and give me a comment.

It will support the 4010 Fan later or you could redesign yourself in my base.Thank you!

12 Likes

I am having the case printed by a company right now and could share my experience next week.

UPDATE 2022-11-09

The screws did not fit on mine. I had to enlarge the opening. And had used 3mm x 20mm because I had no other. The power/reset button can only be used with special tools. Maybe there is a solution.

2 Likes

thanks for the case design! printed well. screws fit. allignement and fit quite good only holes for power/reset buttons could be a bit bigger

1 Like

That is cool, maybe a bit dayglo for me :slight_smile: but with both possible m.2 connectors is it possible to have an extra 10mm either side and have fans and vents on the side with a closed box say with 30/40mm fans depending on height.
A push/pull with a 30 mm fan and a board hieght of 10mm would 1/3rd below 2/3rd above airflow as that airflow all over the board can have a huge effect on cooling and let you choose maybe a lower profile passive heatsink(s).
Why they didn’t have normal mobo jumpers than on board switches so you can use wired and have a really pro job is a mystery to me.

KEKEZUOZUO.zip (2.0 MB)

This was shared on discord also.

Do you have files for a link where I can download the files from

@ukiehub We have a much better one now. This one addressed most of the issues we’ve found and it changes the bottom panel to have a removable cover so that you can install/remove nvme ssds easier. The stl is in the attachment.

rock5b_shell_v2.stl.zip (234.9 KB)

1 Like

But can Radxa fan be installed? For me these boxes needs to be ready for all accessories installed + radxa fan (im not talking about the only heatsink).

The offical Radxa fan has a lower height than the IO ports, so it can be installed for sure.

1 Like

happy days! any other suggestion to this to find better prices for 3d printing?

Im having issues to get that image file to be ready for printing… can you re-verify it?

That site only accepts a single file for each component, and mine has 3 components combined in one file,

This one has 3 separate files and you have to upload all 3 to print.

rock5-shell-seperate.zip (259.4 KB)

1 Like

Arigatto gnattuuuu!

In my case , by this way,I can keep 5B’s temperature lower than 50 degree , and nvme under 55 degree.

2 Likes

not too bad… is that the radxa case??? show me the greeeeeen :star_struck::star_struck:

my internet link goes so slow that I cannot upload the pic now :wink:
I will try some later~~

that ugly ham? :smile::smile::rofl:

1 Like

Nice! Doesnt looks bad