Radxa Rock 5b Hangs multiple times a week

Small Update: It’s also working for Joshua Rieks Ubuntu. Got rid of SIGSEGV error in Chrome when watching video (Now working for a while w/o error). Best.
Edit: Today I got the error again when I opened a new tab,had to restart to get it to work again… I think it’s still more stable than before.

1 Like

After a period of stability, unfortunately the issue happened again, so I can rule out the power brick… I am suspecting it’s a hardware issue.

Hi, @vadim

Can you try the latest B39 ROCK 5B build image? From the log, it seems to be a cpu or memory issue.

https://github.com/radxa-build/rock-5b/releases/download/b39/rock-5b_debian_bullseye_kde_b39.img.xz

Hi Jack, I’m currently using Ubuntu Focal with the latest updates from radxa repositories (kernel version 5.10.110-37-rockchip-g74457be0716d). Is the debian image superior in terms of its stability? I could try to reinstall but it’s not going to be a minor effort, hence trying to understand what we’re trying to achieve.

Update: Looking at the releases - I could do a release-upgrade do Jammy. Would that be acceptable?

Is the debian image superior in terms of its stability?

Yes. The Debian image release need to pass our QA test.

I could try to reinstall but it’s not going to be a minor effort

You can use another SD Card to install an image and test the stability.

Update: Looking at the releases - I could do a release-upgrade do Jammy. Would that be acceptable?

This is not suggested. It will break some Rockchip binary packages.

Okay, in this case I’ll move to Debian completely and give it a try. Want to have same workload as on Ubuntu, to remove any kind of ambiguity from the testing process.

hi @vadim,
maybe you take a look at Freezing Rock 5B with Rsync transfer ,
the issue I’m facing.