Fisheye lens camera on ROCK 5a/b

Hi!

I would like to use a fisheye lens camera on ROCK 5a/b.

I would like to use the Radxa Camera 4K, however,that comes with only a regular FOV (D=88.2±5° H=75±3° V=59±2°).

What would you recommend? Are there any other cameras compatible with ROCK 5a/b (e.g., Raspberry Pi Camera (M) Fisheye Lens (200°))? Or should I look for a fisheye lens to mount on the Radxa Camera 4K?

Thank you!

I’ve ordered a imx415 module (CS mount) with CS lens - a professional lenses (actually a 130° - there was not much options but i think there was one with 170°). It is not cheap.

I did not want a fish eye lenses, but that is what was available to place an order and see it it works.
If i can make it work i post an update here.
Until then i will be quiet (take at least 30 days).

Radxa could launch a Camera v2 with M12 mount lens, there are more options for M12 lenses on the market.

Another option is to wait for what ARDUCAM will bring ( i don’t know if they have fisheye).

Thanks @avaf, curious what’s gonna be the outcome of your tests! ARDUCAM do have fisheye lenses, fingers crossed they gonna support ROCK 5 soon.

Chheers,

Elia

I got the lens today. CS mount for the imx 415 modules. Not sure M12 mount is possible, so CS mount lens is the way to go.
Some interesting findings on my tests, i think.
I briefly put the specifications here for those who know about lens quality and how to get the type of image they want, for me it’s just like “It works”.

1 - Lenses (CS)
a. 2.5mm IR F1.6 2/3" 8MP
b. 4mm IR F? 1.25" 3MP

2 - imx 415 module
A complete linux stack used in commercial ptz cameras. IP camera with IR,TCP, rtsp, onvif, h265/h264, web viewer (not APP viewer).
it heats up a lot, and i experienced an occasional reboot while configuring and handling the module. As you may know, commercial PTZ cameras are way cheaper, but you don’t know that usually after 6 or 12 months you have to pay some fees for cloud usage and the tracking and triggers stop working and you end up with a dumb camera. Yet you can control the camera with Onvif, ffmpeg and vlc, some allow you to still have remote access via Apps.
All these can be achieved with rock 5B and radxa camera, the missing bit is the CS mount.
See here:

Let’s see the lens results:

1 - 3MP lens screenshot

2 - 8MP lens screenshot (Fisheye 130º according to specification)

CS mount lenses.

IMX 415 + CS mount.

Here is the screenshot of the output by the Radxa Camera and default lens, mimicking a commercial imx415 module (4k) with a professional 8M lens,
Streaming H.265 video with gstreamer (rtsp), Instructions in the previous post.

4k, H.265:

You can also see the Rock 5B CPU usage on the right side, and below the ancient Intel box decoding H.265, probably by software.