[Guide] Install Gstreamer, FFmpeg and mpv (with youtube-dl)

Still, don’t understand what exactly got broken ther. Maybe should check previous mpv versions

@Stephen, i’m sorry to bother you, but i’m lost there. mpv and gsteamer seems to have nothing with that and since both of them fails (so that means it’s not ffmpeg either). So i thought maybe it’s mpp - but installing version from january (via github commits) did not helped. Nor the version from repo worked. All of them report Segmentation fault. Can you confirm is that actually bug that affect even your system or it something user-sided?

So that’s is reason why i’m getting screen crash and Segmentation fault on mpv. That’s what i get in syslog.

Aug  1 19:52:32 localhost kernel: [  461.913630] rk_vcodec: vpu_service_ioctl:1875: error: unknown vpu service ioctl cmd 40086c01
Aug  1 19:52:33 localhost kernel: [  462.556554] [drm:rockchip_gem_dumb_map_offset] *ERROR* failed to lookup gem object.

And i have zero idea what to do with this.

So as far i googled - difference not in mpv, but in kernel. Seems like there was update to mpp or mali libs and because of this .154 is now not working, i.e.

Hi, is this guide still valid? I’m trying to get MPP working on RockPi4c+ to enable FFMPEG hardware decode, running the builtin mpp version on the official rock-4c-plus-debian-bullseye-xfce4-arm64-20221109-1514-gpt (last official release)

sudo mpi_dec_test -i Big_Buck_Bunny_1080_10s_30MB.mp4 -w 1920 -h 1080 -t 7 -o decoded.yuv -n 100 -d 255

This testing command report Segfault, so MPP is not working what can I do? Should I use older Raxda images?
Thank you

Hello, my advice try TwistedOS or Armbian with Panfrost

Hello, I would like to know if there are already advances on the topic of the giua to install gstreamer with the plugins and that we can use the encoding with the GPU.?