[Guide] Best Options for a Single Board Computer 🎮

thank you for the quick reply.

1 Like

Worked. Needs to run Wayland for 4k60Hz to work properly.

Thank you.

U sure your monitor does that? or that you have type C using to your display instead of the hdmi? is it the rock 5B right?

Yes this is the Rock 5B and running from HDMI with HDMI 2.1 cable. This is super strange. I have the 55" TCL Roku TV.

Also, do you know why AetherSX2 or Duckstation crash when I tried to run a game? Tried both Vulkan and openGL.

PPSSPP works with OpenGL.

U will have to ask that to monka directly on radxa discord. I personally dont use those apps. Sorry :frowning:

Hi
I plan to develop an Qt Quick/QML application(with GPU support) for my Rock 5a board running this image. so I decided to compile (cross compile) Qt6.5.2 on Ubuntu 20(and also 23) host(x86) system.
followed these two tutorials:

1. https://wiki.qt.io/Cross-Compile_Qt_6_for_Raspberry_Pi
  2. https://github.com/PhysicsX/QTonRaspberryPi

Downloaded latest version of ARM GNU toolchain for aarch64 linux and place it in /opt/arm-gnu-toolchain directory. set directory for cmake files and config parameters.

Qt for host(x64) compiled without problem. but when I want to cross compile it for my board, aarch64, I get this errors:

CMake Error at /snap/cmake/1329/share/cmake-3.27/Modules/CMakeTestCXXCompiler.cmake:60 (message):
The C++ compiler

"/opt/arm-gnu-toolchain/bin/aarch64-none-linux-gnu-g++"

is not able to compile a simple test program.

It fails with the following output:

mTC_f9681 && :
/opt/arm-gnu-toolchain/bin/…/lib/gcc/aarch64-none-linux-gnu/12.3.1/…/…/…/…/aarch64-none-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find crt1.o: No such file or directory
/opt/arm-gnu-toolchain/bin/…/lib/gcc/aarch64-none-linux-gnu/12.3.1/…/…/…/…/aarch64-none-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find crti.o: No such file or directory
/opt/arm-gnu-toolchain/bin/…/lib/gcc/aarch64-none-linux-gnu/12.3.1/…/…/…/…/aarch64-none-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lm: No such file or directory
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.

and sometimes another error that says something like:

Could not compile simple OpenGL program

Any suggestion? should I even compile Qt by myself or there are other solutions?
Is it possible to build image with Qt6 qml module and compiler inside it from scratch?
Thanks…

Anybody know why ETA PRIME in his video mentioning Vulkan-backend multiple times? I thought Vulkan support was limited to Android at this stage for this board?

Perhaps because he knows rock 5b has an pci 3.0 slot which will mean that in the future an external gpu will work with it.

Because ETA PRIME doesn’t know what he’s talking about (and doesn’t care, more videos more money).

Can you do better than him at least ? With a camera showing off products and telling accurate stuff and only accurate stuff? Sure he might fail at some things but… going rocky balboa on the guy outside his space is just madness … he does what he does. I do actually like his click baits tbh fun stuff :smiley:

I’d prefer not to have the discussion and yeah, some of the videos are useful but

1. don’t assume it’s just himself making these videos (I think the editing must be outsourced) and
  2. they are very low effort, repetitive (recording himself unboxing, then playing a few games). Anything just to make the algorithm god recommend them.
1 Like

Its what it is… its what everyone is doing now-days. If not that then crypto scams. Youtube works all ways. If people view it its because its doing good. No matter what says right or wrong.

@NicoD real good info for Ubuntu-Desktop:

Borrow this place to ask some questions. Back to use my rock5b recently and it seems the ubuntu image from Josh is pretty good. Do you know how to configure the fan? Just try to change it temperature curve.
Appreciated~

@incognito has an github fan script where you can make changes but…u will soon find its pointless… also doesnt joshuas image already has the fan set to work ?

This is how: Guide on how to customize you pwm fan curve
You might need to change the number of the pwm directory. The user space script doesn’t work on kernels above 5.10.110.

Hi there, what is the latest stable release of armbian Afterburner for Rock pi 5?

Check by the dates its nothing oficial its an user project.

1 Like

Rockchip 6.1 bsp Kernel

Rockchip 5.1 bsp Kernel.

Now for the True Pink Rock 5A - ‘we’ present !! to yous… UwUArch - Live !

3 Likes