GPIO pins only provide 1,8V

That’s a joke, how can something like that happen?
Was there no quality control here?
Was the product not extensively tested?
Something like this would not go undetected if it had been tested.
I spent € 125 for it, how do you think to solve the problem?

1 Like

Is there a board file that shows the routing of the traces? I couldn’t find it on the wiki page. but I wanted to know if we can cut and swap traces to bypass the UM3204 chip. the schematic file appears to be correct.

Guess it is time to build some logic level translators. You can use the 3.3V on the GPIO and a simple 1.8V regulator with the logic level translators to interface them. Will be trying this soon.

@jack, does this issue exist in all v1.4 boards? Or has it been fixed in later v1.4 boards now that it has been discovered?

It is a problem that the pins output 1.8v. However, if the input voltage of the pins is 1.8V, it will be a big problem.

Is this issue fixed on new version of board? I also found same issue on my V1.4 Rock Pi X board. But I need 3.3V GPIO input/output on Rock PI X side. Any solutions?

1 Like

@jack Is there any update for the solution for this problem?

V1.41 revision fixed this issue. Tested and confirmed by the Intel Team in Shanghai.

jack,
When will the V1.41 RockPiX boards be available? All of mine are V1.4 version boards.

HAL

wait @jack , does this mean the boards that are being currently sold still have this problem and just a future batch of new boards will have it solved?

I bought mine one week ago from here:https://shop.allnetchina.cn/collections/frontpage/products/rock-pi-x

One week ago, it should be the new version. Check the silkscreen on the board, v1.41 is the right version.

Sorry, I mixed it up the terms, it arrived one week ago, but I bought 20/07 and the version on the board is 1.4. So it probably still have the problem

@jack,
Thanks for the update.

Am I correct that the GPIO I2S Bus audio interface pins that are available are not going through any UM3204 level converters from the SoC? I do not see it in the schematic for V1.3 which is the same as the V1.4 version. If so, I can design my own 1.8V to 3.3V logic level interface for an external DAC.

Please let me know.

Best regards,

@jack the board I bought on the 20/07 has 1.4 on the silkscreen, so this version still has the pins problem?(I am asking because for the foreseeable days I am unable to test it)

Ordered 23.07 from Ali
Silkscreen says “V1.41”. GPIO is 3.3v

1 Like

May I ask , this problem, does it affect the SPI, I2C and UART pins?
I am kinda of a newbie to this, so I don’t know all the ramifications of the GPIO being 1.8 instead of 3.3

Also, are we to assume the GPIO only accepts input up to 1.8V?

Yes, if your board is v1.41 or newer, the GPIO are 3.3V. For earlier boards, the GPIO only accept 1.8V.

What seller on Aliexpress has the newer v1.41 Rock Pi X boards? All I have seen say v1.4 so far.

hi, i have v1.4 version. In this case, when 1.8v voltage is applied to gpio ports, 3.2v voltage is applied to the intel processor. after all the integrated is reverse soldered and this problem can cause high voltage to the processor.