Fans Won't Change Speeds

I got some new fans to make it quieter. I have exchanged the old top fan with a Noctua of the same size and voltage. I also used a splitter to have another fan run on the side of the box I built, hoping they would both ramp up and down together in speed to help keep it quieter.

When I booted up today, the fans only spin at one speed. The oled says 75%. They don’t turn off when I restart the service, when I reboot, or when I shutdown. ONLY when I unplug the power do they stop.

I reinstalled the Quad Sata software and no change.

Anyone else having any problems here? Is there some code I need to add or subtract in order to use a Noctua fan?

So after reviewing everything again, I have figured out that the 5v Noctua fans don’t seem to have a way to control speed with just the 3 wires. The old fan does this just fine. Has anyone used ANY Noctua fans successfully? If I jerry rig the PWM 4pin fans to use 3 wires, do they still work?

I did just learn that when I double-click the button to stop the fans, the oled tells me the fans are at 0%, but they are still spinning. Then when I do it again, it says 50% or 75%, but they don’t change speeds anyways.

Did your wire properly from 4 pin PWM fan to 3 pin plug?
The PWM signal on 4 pin is one outer one, on 3 pin the one in the middle.

Right as I was falling asleep last night I had that realization that the 3pin Noctua fans I bought were not PWM. I looked more closely at the stock Quad SATA hat and it has spots for 4 wires, which means it is a PWM fan only using 3 wires, so the fans I bought won’t work. I’ll get the PWM 4pin versions and mod them instead and then update here.