Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster.
This is a problem I caused myself, but I have some trouble solving it because of some Rock 5B specific issues. Please allow me to explain.
I’ve been using the 5B for a while now and I really like the device. I wanted to change a boot parameter and I messed up because now I’m ending up in a boot loop. I know it’s not the power source, since I’m using a rPI 5.1v charger and that one was stable the whole time (until I rebooted).
I want to undo my changes to the /boot/config.txt, but here is the problem:
- my OS (boot + root) is on NVMe
- when try to boot with an SD card, the u-boot of the SD card is used, good
- the u-boot of the SD card sees there is a /boot partition on the NVMe and boots from there
- it hits the invalid config (I guess, I can’t debug that now) and after a while, reboots
- since the u-boot has console disabled, I can’t interrupt the booting and boot manually
Normally I would take out the storage in a different device and fix it there, but I don’t have another device that can read NVMe (well, I do, but that’s my current server. I’d rather not turn that off for a longer period of time if I can avoid it).
I guess I can put a different u-boot on the SD-card that will not try to boot from NVMe? Or at least allow me to select which device to boot from (if it boots from SD-card, then I’m good, I think I can fix it).
Any tips? Again, I’m pretty sure it’s not a power problem, it’s a boot config that I messed up myself
Thanks in advance!